Friday, June 12, 2009

BeSt BIrtHdAY eVeR!!!

The morning of my Birthday didn't start off too great. I was stressing about the house, feeling sad to be away from my family and friends, and trying to be positive. I ended up crying on the phone to Zeb. Well, being the sweet husband he is, he surprised me and took the afternoon off work. He called me while I was at Walmart trying to shop with 3 kids and a crying baby. He met me there are came to my rescue. So we got to spend the whole afternoon with him!!! He asked me what I wanted to do and I said I wanted to have a water balloon fight with the girls. So we went home and had a BLaSt in the backyard. 

The balloons were gone in about 2 minutes so we borrowed our neighbors slippin slide. I even joined the girls. No pictures though, they are incredibly scary.

It was so much fun to play WITH the girls. I don't do that enough. I loved every minute. 

After running through sprinklers and squirting each other with the hose we went inside. 
Claire said to me, "Usually big people's birthdays aren't very fun for us but this was GREAT!" Then we gave each other the thumbs up sign. ;) 
Zeb got the girls all ready and in their jammies then made dinner!
Our cute neighbor Brooke made a cake for me and the fam sang. After Zeb put the girls to bed we put a chick flick on, ate junk food and just relaxed. 
It WAS pretty great, Claire! Thanks to my sweet husband and wonderful girls. Pretty much the best birthday ever!

10 comments:

Lacey said...

Glad you had a great birthday AND got to relax!! Fantastic!!

Meredith and Abe Fish said...

What a great birthday! Zeb is so great to come home early. Those are the best days. You will have to fill us in on your new house. ~Meredith

Kirst said...

How FUN! I'll have to stock the balloon fight away for one of my future birthdays, or maybe I'll start one with Ryan and the kids on his birthday, fun memories. And Zeb definitly gets Kudos for taking the afternoon off, You definitly deserved a break.

Shawn and Steph said...

Happy happy birthday. I'm glad it ended good. Isn't it so much fun to just play with your kids.

Michelle said...

where is the picture of you on the slip and slide? how fun for you and the kiddies! i have to say, that brother of mine is pretty stinking awesome!

mistyp said...

Glad it ended much better than it started. We've tried to make big people b-days more fun at our house, too. You did a great job! Glad Zeb was able to come to your rescue!

wurtz said...

Glad you ended up having a wonderful day! How fun for your girls to have a fun grown up Birthday party. Too cute!

Workmans said...

Happy Birthday Leah!! I would have loved to see that water balloon fight! How fun. Glad it was a a great day!

Janadt.Huggins said...

That sounds wonderful! I love the slip n slid pics! Happy Happy B-day Leah!

The O'Briens said...

I'm glad the birthday party was so fun and that Zeb was able to spend the day with you!!! I can't wait til you have pictures of your house being framed!! Love you.