Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Off to School

You are thinking one of two things:
1. When did Leah start baking? OR
2. What a cool mom to make those awesome cupcakes for the girls...slate, chalk and all.
Well, unfortunately neither are true. I wish I could claim I am that creative when it comes to the kitchen but I can't. I just have awesome friends. My sweet friend Cindy came over the night before school to wish the girls luck and give them a treat. How sweet is that? The girls LOVED them and got busy eating...not before I took a picture, of course!

I talked to Jana during the day and she asked if I got some cute pictures of Claire on her first day. My reply? "Oh no, I didn't take any pictures." I am a on a roll, right? Anyway, I took some as she came off the bus. Second best I guess. :)

Claire had a great first day. She told me she got to see her K teacher in the halls and wave. She also said she got lots of compliments from her teacher. She was complimented in front of the class for cleaning up her work before circle time and throughout the day. I am excited her teacher is so positive. We had a little problem when she left her lunch on the front seat and I noticed before I got home. I realized it and turned around. I took it to her class with Hallie and Audrey and Claire looked up with big alligator tears in her eyes. She had been very concerned. Claire came over and gave me, Hallie, and Audrey big hugs and kisses. It was precious. She quickly wiped her eyes before any tears spilled over. She is so sweet!
After school her and Hallie played wonderfully. They are back to how they usually play together. It's like they savor the time the get to play so they are much more pleasant. Man the last few weeks have been ROUGH for those two.

I will be posting again since Hallie's first day is tomorrow! :) Lucky you!

11 comments:

Kirst said...

I love Claire's skirt, so cute. Let hope the extra nice behavior keeps up, I'm sure it will. They are such good friends.

mistyp said...

What a cute little school girl. Glad you got the after school shot...the bus looks great behind her! Cute cupcakes, too! Can't wait to see Hallie's pics!

The O'Briens said...

I can't believe how big she is! It kills me. She is such a little sweetheart and she has a wonderful mommy!

wurtz said...

So cute! I hope she has a wonderful 1st grade year. Cindy's cupcakes are darling. Good to hear Claire and Hallie are getting along better. Our girls are improving but still have their moments, daily. ;(

Michelle said...

oh my goodness that is so sweet. i love that she was trying to hard to be a big girl!

Angie said...

Love that little Claire!! She is so sweet and I can just hear her little voice now... Good job running her lunch back! Reminds me of a Strawberry shortcake book we have.

J and C Fish Family said...

Hey, we have the same strawberry shortcake book. I think I buried it in the books to keep from having to read it again (the girls love it). Get excited just 2 more days and then you get to see us!
-Josh

karin said...

Cupcakes look great, maybe I shouldn't have cut out second dinner...I really want those cupcakes.
She is so sweet. I love that she wiped away her tears before they fell.
Glad to hear they are playing better. I am excited about Hallie's first day posting.

Katie L. said...

I was wondering when you had the time to make those cute treats! I would have said that I had made them, just so people would think that I was crafty! Ha! What a cutey! Mat and I were a little picture crazy on Ben's day but that is just us! She is getting so big!

Steph said...

I'm sure Cindy would have let you claim those as your own creations. She's rad like that. :)

Um...you have 2 BIG girls now, crazy! I love how proud Claire looks as she's heading off to school! I didn't know you did joy school. I want to look into that...maybe I'll pick your brain about it sometime.

Miss you guys. I think we're coming up there next month for a visit. We'll for sure be coming over to hang. Hope you had a fun summer. :)

Brandon, Emily & Sydney Wilson said...

Girls are just too precious....especially yours!