Sunday, April 19, 2009

Take me out to the Ball Game!

So my firm has season tickets to the Rangers games and I got an email on Friday saying that the tickets were available. I thought it would be fun to take the girls so I jumped all over it. Leah talks very fondly of going to BYU basketball games with her dad. She would get cinnamon bears and listen to her dad scream at the officials. I thought it might be fun for the girls to make some similar memories.

Since they didn't have cinnamon bears, the girls opted for cotton candy. Their excitement over an air woven food-colored web of sugar is apparent on their faces.

Hallie made it most of the way through hers, but I think I ate the last quarter. Claire ate all of hers except for the very last bit around the paper cone, which I begrudgingly ate. It's hard to have to eat cotton candy when you're trying to save room for a cheeseburger, but dads have to make hard sacrifices.

And despite all that sugar in their stomachs, both girls came out tummy-ache free. Leave it to the offspring of my wife to be able to devour a ball of sugar larger than your head and come out with a smile.

In fact, as you can see from this picture, both of them were ready to go down to the field and show the Royals what's-what in Texas.

While the girls ate cotton candy I got to enjoy the game. And once the cotton candy was gone the girls had to freshen up their makeup by applying coat after coat of lip gloss. Of course they had to check out the bathrooms a few times (it's a kid thing I guess) and then they finished the night off with some Zours while I put down that cheeseburger I was telling you about.

I'd have to say the best part was the intermittent, gleeful "thank yous" that I received throughout the night. It was very rewarding to feel like all that parenting is paying off.

So for the valet, game, food, and fun, I've got to give a big thanks to MCS Law. I've got to say it's good to be a lawyer.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

jealousy aside - because i love baseball parks and live games - my favorite part is the picture of the girls, cotton candy finished, with sugar all over their faces! how fun for them. i'm sure they had a blast!

The O'Briens said...

Hallie wasn't kidding around with that bite she was taking! That is one intense face! I love it. How fun for the two older girls to get some quality daddy-daughter time.

karin said...

As a mom, I love when Dads take the kids for some quality "daddy time." I bet Leah had a smile as big as the girls'. I want to go to a baseball game now.

mistyp said...

Wow, your firm actually lets you spend time with your family??? Looks like fun to me! :)

Steph said...

What a cute daddy!! These girls look like they are at Disneyland! Those smiles...so sweet.

J and C Fish Family said...

Valet?????? You've got a hard life!! Mmmmmmmm, what it would be like to have a job with extras.........
Your girls are truly blessed to have you two as parents.