Monday, December 17, 2012

Balloon Release



For Family Home Evening tonight we each wrote something about Atticus on an orange or blue balloon and went to his grave to release them. We started the sentence, Atticus is....
To Julia, Atticus is kind.
To Audrey, Atticus is sweet.
To Hallie, Atticus is adorale. 
To Claire, Atticus is spunky.
To me, Atticus is tender.
To Zeb, Atticus is silly.



Then we drove to the cemetery and gave him a birthday present that we had picked out in January. The girls were set that they wanted to give it to him and leave it at his grave. 


On a white balloon we wrote what he has taught our family..."eternal families are important."

And then we let the balloons go.


After the we cried for a little while Zeb said, "What do you think Atticus is doing for his birthday?" Claire was the first to respond, "I think he is eating a huge cake and has frosting all over his face." We decided it was heavenly cake with white frosting. On the drive home I was trying to figure out how to cheer them up. I pulled up the Hansen Family Blog on my phone and started reading Cindy's post about all the funny things Atticus has said. We were all rolling. After I read through all the funny things, the girls said, "Read it AGAIN!!!!" So I read through it again and we all laughed again. The girls loved it. I think if I it weren't bed time I would still be reading it over and over.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ATTICUS!!! You are loved, cherished, and remembered.

1 comment:

Genevieve said...

what a special family home evening. he seems like such a sweet boy and your girls are so sweet and have learned so much through this. you are an amazing mom! xoxo