Friday, March 27, 2009

Circus Fun!

Well, a friend told me to take advantage of these last few days with Zeb and the older girls while I can so when Claire came home with a free ticket to the circus I knew just what to do. When I realized we never cashed the check Angie and Justin gave us for Zeb's graduation I knew we had the funds to go. We took full advantage. We went to dinner first. 
Then we went to the circus tent and waited for it to start.
The girls were so excited.
As the night progressed  I realized Zeb never shaved his mustache. He wanted to know how long it would take for me to notice. And it actually took me a long time! Sadly, we saw some people we knew. To that Zeb said, I never thought anyone would actually see me with it! What a character he is.
Audrey's favorite part was the elephants.

They had so many cool things. We had never been to a circus and the girls LOVED it.
When the music came on Claire said, "It sounds like magic in here." How cute is that?
When I asked Claire and Hallie their favorite part they said "EVERYTHING!"
This boy was an amazing contortionist. 
The girls couldn't believe he fit in a box.
I loved that their eyes were glued!
We bought everything. A light up toy, cotton candy, peanuts, popcorn. The only downside was they didn't sell anything but coke so we were thirsty. Hallie informed me she was so thirsty she could drink her feet. Maybe she said that since they were ice cold because she had flip flops on and the temperature dropped to 46 degrees.

We had an absolute blast. I could barely breathe by the end since I couldn't use the rest room the whole time but it was worth it. Thanks Lacey for the advice to enjoy the girls and Zeb now. And thanks Angie and Justin for the money to do such a fun thing before Julia comes. We never would have spent 10 bucks on a light up toy...or gotten all the extras! It was fun to just go do something and not think about money!!! ;)

13 comments:

Zeb said...

I've got a sexy stache!!!

Eric and Cindy Hansen said...

FUN!!! I love that Claire thought it sounded like magic. She is so sweet. What a fun memory for the girls!

**Zeb, Im pretty sure that "stache" is creepy... not sexy. Sorry to burst your bubble. Is the firm aware of your "new" fashion statement?

mistyp said...

Fun stuff! (Mustache and all!) ;) Great job keeping busy and taking advantage of time with your family. Love the drinking her feet part, too! :) I bet my kids would like some thing like that but we've never done a circus...

Michelle said...

that stache looks like chester the molester! it's gotta go, dude!

ah to be young and so excited over the circus. popcorn, cotton candy... very fun - although the contortionist in a box sort of freaks me out...

Angie said...

1st of all -Zeb, I hope you didn't run into your boss... you might not have a job next week if he caught a glimpse. That is so funny and so wrong all at the same time! Hope it's just a memory now!!

2nd- I am so glad you had so much fun. What a blast for the girls. I am so happy you "went all out" and didn't think about the money. I wish we could've come with you. It's fun to see how you spent the money. Love you guys. Kiss those girls over and over from Auntie Angie.

3rd- Tell Julia, Auntie Angie will buy her a bonus gift if she comes out today... that's gotta get things moving!
XOXOXO

Kirst said...

I love that you had so much fun with the girls. Way to pull out all the stops and creat a beautiful memory.

J and C Fish Family said...

I say keep it Zebby. Or even better randomly grow it out and when people approach you insist you don't know them and your name is Ceb.
-Josh

mk said...

I like to refer to that kind of stache as a "Molestache". Pete can grow a nasty nast molestache.

Glad you guys are able to have some down time before work starts! You look great for being ready to pop!!

Kimi said...

Too fun! Your girls are beautiful just like you Leah! Zeb...that stache on the other hand...maybe not so much!
It is so fun to do something your kids will never expect. I love it!
Maybe now Little Miss Julia will come. I can't wait to see pictures of her.
By the way, how do you do it? You look beautiful even though you are about to pop! I wish I looked good even now...no fair!

Steph said...

I love the look on the girls faces in the picture-so adorable. What a fun night!

Meredith and Abe Fish said...

Nice molestache Zeb

The O'Briens said...

Hey, Chester! You're freaking me out. Aside from that, I love that you got to live it up and go to the circus. I wish I could have been there to see their excitement. I bet you had so much fun watching them watch the circus. Love you.

Lacey said...

Glad you all had such a fun time. Did the mustache enjoy it, too?