Monday, July 13, 2009

Cow Appreciation Day!

When my neighbor Dawn came over and told me anyone that went to chick-fil-a dressed like a cow got a free meal I was all over it. Free meal and all I had to do was put on spots, ears, and eat more chicken signs? Sign me up.
I promised my sister I would post pictures so here they are. The dressing up part took longer than I thought, but we made it. Zeb, however, was not hot on the idea. Shocker. ;)

I look pretty sweet with the cow nose, ears, no make up, and frizzy hair. The nose makes my eyes look so close together that I look handicapped. Glamourous huh? At least the kids will remember how fun it was, let's at least hope so! Although we all look kind of solemn. GREAT picture.

When we got to the counter to order our food Claire says in her funny tone, "Do they have any hamburgers." She is s hoot.

Audrey got pretty hot in her costume. 110 degrees in that outfit, yikes. She was a trooper though!

Hallie kept telling me, "I don't like people laughing at me." I kept trying to tell her they weren't laughing at her, it was with her cause she looked so cute, but she wasn't buying it!

There were a ton of people that dressed up. The place was packed soon after we got there. My sister in law Jenn that lives in Virginia took her 4 kids dressed as cows. She was on the news and in the paper. How great is that? 
Good times.

11 comments:

Angie said...

Loving the pictures. You are MOO cute!! It was worth the memories and pictures. I am a little sad Julia wasn't in cow attire... I never would have gone if you and Jenn hadn't gone. I'm with Hallie... I didn't like everyone laughing at me either!! Thanks for the pictures.
XOXOX

mk said...

I love Chickfila!! And the girls look hilarious!! If we live near one next summer, you have inspired me to try dressing up for Cow Appreciation Day.
(Ugh, now I am totally craving some waffle fries and nuggets!)

karin said...

I did not know about this. But so glad you posted photos.

Michelle McKeehan said...

Leah - so cute to see you and your girls. I have lost your email...so email me if you would so we can get back in touch! zanelinzi@aol.com
Michelle McKeehan

wurtz said...

You are such a great mom. I thought about taking my kids, but never found the energy to get costumes together. (Plus I forgot to mark it on my calendar). You are SUPER MOM, especially in this heat. Love the pictures.

Michelle said...

SOOOOO Cute!!!! I love it. I wish I could have done it with you.

Kirst said...

So much FUN! I love the pictures, I'll have to get my boys dressed up next year for it.

Meredith and Abe Fish said...

Too cute! You are such a trooper. I'm glad you took pictures so we could all enjoy. They are all adorable. ~Meredith

Lacey said...

LOVE IT!!

mistyp said...

What great memories! Have to say that I probably wouldn't have been too hot on the idea, either! You're a good sport! :)

Steph said...

Ok, this just added to the many reasons why I love Leah! You are THE cutest. Married to a lawyer and still dressing up as a cow to get a free meal. I lOvE it. I miss the Fish fam.