Monday, July 27, 2009

Six Flags!

We have had so much fun with Megan. We have had trips to the library, lake, movies, hobby lobby, malls and more malls, wet zone, restaurants, shipley's donuts, and more. We've taken trips to Waco, Longview, and Denton. We've gone swimming, bowling, out to eat, watched chick flicks, read mysteries, played yahtzee, and had a total blast. We made a scrapbook of her trip here and made lots of projects. I can't believe 6 weeks has already gone by. For the last day Megan was here I asked her what she wanted to do. Pedicure? Movies? Six Flags? It was a no brainer...she chose six flags. So on Saturday Megan and I went. We had a blast together.



Yeah, we went on this roller coaster and about threw up. Kid you not, it goes 70 miles per hour. You do the whole coaster going forward and then you shoot up that tall part that is straight up and then you do the track again backwards. We we screaming our heads off. Needless to say we could hardly walk after and had to take a little break! ;)

I talked Megan into going on the superman ride, straight up and straight down. It didn't hold a candle to that roller coaster she had me go on. Man I feel old. My stomach was sick all day and even that night. But it was worth it.

We asked these cowboys to take a picture with Meg. She is telling Troy (her stepdad) that the one on the bottom is her boyfriend.

We of course had to take her to eat Texas BBQ before she left. It was so yummy. Right down to the peach cobbler and bluebell ice cream for dessert! She loved it.

I have to say that it has been wonderful having Megan here. Yes, I will miss how much of a help she was and all that she did for us. But most of all, it's her company I will  miss. Having her here these past 6 weeks was like having a best friend/sister to hang out all the time with. I adore her and am so happy she came to stay with us.  All of us have done some good crying...even Audrey. We love you, Megan!

See you next summer...

7 comments:

J and C Fish Family said...

sixflags sounds like fun. Thanks for sharing Meg with us for a few days.

Anonymous said...

Glad that good times were had by all. What fun to have a constant friend.

Troy-Laura said...

that was so fun going to six flags i can't wait until next summer to see you guys. :)
love you guys and miss you!
~megan~

karin said...

Having help is nice but having a friend is the best. I hope she can come back next summer and with all the fun it looks like you had, I would want to come back.

Meredith and Abe Fish said...

That's so fun that Megan got to visit and that you were able to do so many cool things. Having visitors is so much fun! I'm so excited that we get to see you and Julia soon! ~Meredith

mistyp said...

Looks like great times. You're lucky! :)

mk said...

I know you must be so sad! You were talking about her visit WEEKS and WEEKS before she came. I bet there are some great memories that were made though!!