Thursday, January 29, 2009

Audrey 101, 201...and 301!

Warning: This is a LONG post so if you choose to read it, get comfortable!

Audrey is doing the funniest, cutest, and even sassiest things lately. She keeps us on our toes, laughing, and on edge at the times it is too quiet. Here are some things (okay a lot of things) to know about Audrey.

1. If she is going to apologize to you but doesn't REALLY want to, she will say, "Sorry Hallie boops." Or, "Sorry, Mommy." (when it's supposed to be Hallie). She will basically add some word after sorry so she isn't really apologizing. 

2. You will always hear her ask her babies if they need to go to time out and if they need a spankin. Know that we do not spank her as much as she would make it seem. ;) This measure is rarely taken.

3. She has been known to miss Zeb lately and gets really sad at bedime. She used to go to bed no problem but during the week of Zeb's trial he got home around her bedtime. When he put her in bed she would hug him and not let go. She is known to fall asleep within minutes, still hugging her daddy.

4. She will tell you out of the blue that she loves you. I love it. I also love it when she kisses me out of the blue. A few minutes ago she kissed me on the forehead.

5. She loves her sissies. She wants Claire and Hallie to sleep with her but they never go to bed, so Claire and Hallie sleep in the guest bedroom. She will do all she can to get you to let them sleep with her and you have to be on guard. The other night as it was nearing bedtime she said, "I want to sleep Hallie's bed." I told her no and that she was sleeping in hers. She held her hand out and said, "come ere, let me show you somethin" She pulled me into her room where she had brought in Claire and Hallie's pillows and blankets and placed them on each of their beds. It was the cutest thing ever. She just wanted her sissies to sleep with her! How could you say no to that?

6. You'll hear her say, "Kind of really..."
Like, "It's kind of really hard, "When she can't quite do something. I love this phrase.

7. She might tell you to, "Stop your attitude." I tell her that when she gets a little mouthy and she informs Hallie, Claire, and even me to stop our attitudes. Yeah, it's funny but when she says it to me it doesn't fly.

8. Beware that she may pull up my shirt to see my tummy, so watch out! She LOVES to see baby Julia. My tummy has to be bare or she can't see Julia. She talks to her, tries to give her things through my tummy and LOVES to feel her kick. The other day Audrey was sitting in my lap and Julia was kicking like crazy. As soon as Audrey felt her kick we would laugh. It was hilarious and so much fun. She loves to listen to her "heartbeep" at the Doctor's office. She'll ask out of the blue if we can go listen to Julia's heartbeep. She is obsessed with babies and loves to be the mommy. It's so sweet.

9. You may see her without pants. She loves to take off her diaper and until I pinned her onesie closed she would waste so many. I would find her all over the house with no diaper and her bottom bare (or she would snap her onesie back on without a diaper). At one point during naptime she wouldn't go to sleep. After a long time she finally called for help. I went in and there she was stuck on the window sill, wedged between the bed. Lo and behold her diaper was off and she was sitting in a puddle of pee. Nice.
I am back and forth with Potty training. We move and Julia comes so soon I wonder if it will stick. Oh the decisions. 

10. Don't leave anything around she could color with. She has taken to coloring on walls, tables, and the most recent: books. I used to say to myself, "Who lets their kids color on the walls?" Well, I am definitely eating those words. I can't believe how resourceful she is with finding a pencil or crayon and how quickly she can do some damage.  When it's quiet, the question at our house is, "Where is Audrey?" She also loves to color on herself with makeup!

11. She will sing and recite things on demand. After hearing us do the Articles of Faith at bedtime, she memorized the first one. I love to hear her say it.  It's precious.  She has improvised and made up her own words to, "I love to see the temple." She says, "I love to see the temple, I'm going there some way. To read the holy Scriptures and to pray." 
If she puts her babies to bed she sings twinkle twinkle. She is very entertaining.

12. She is quite the second mother! It is very sweet when she is in the nurturing mood and not the disciplining mood. ;) If something is wrong with anyone she says, "It's okay." "Oh, it's okay," rubs your cheek and gives you hugs and kisses. She is a doll. 

13. She may ask you if your frustrated if she hears you sigh. She used to constantly ask me my emotion when I sighed. "You frustrated mommy?" "Tired, mommy?" And she wouldn't stop asking until I picked an emotion. I guess she understands emotions more now since she rarely asks.  It was so cute when she did it.

14. Her name is Audrey. If I tell her, "I love you, Angel." She sweetly says, "I'm Audrey." If I say, "Goodnight Sweetheart." She says, "I'm Audrey." Whatever term of endearment I use, she informs me, "It's Audrey."

15. Last but not least, she often says things under her breath. If you accidently bump her she'll say, "Oh Mom. Man. You just bumped me." Oh, man is said quite frequently and always makes me laugh. This morning she was put out and muttered, "Gosh Dangit." Yikes. I guess you know what I say when I am extremely bugged. I die when I hear this, which luckily has only been a few times. I need to watch it...there is always someone listening!

Thanks for all the fun, Adurey! We couldn't love your intense personality any more! We love you!

12 comments:

Steph said...

Oh Leah, this was fun to read! I have got to see this little one. I can't believe how much she is talking, and how hilarious she is! What a little punkin'. I love the one about her saying things under her breath. Too dang funny!

Can we please hang out soon? I'm sad you're moving. :(

karin said...

how funny. It is fun to go back and read things like this, I have done that with my blog and it is amazing the things I had forgotten.

Oh, I was at Target a couple of days ago and in the dollar section, they had princess shoes and other things that were very girly. Thought you might be interested.

J and C Fish Family said...

I think my favorite one was the one where she corrects you in the way you address her name. As if you have forgotten who she is. I love it. She is so funny.
Can't wait to see you next weekend. It is definitely a reason to celebrate. Way to go Zeb!!!!!!!!

Michelle said...

such a cute little girl! she's got so much personality. i love it! wish i could be there for the graduation....

JanelWarner said...

She is so funny. I love being a mom!

JanelWarner said...

She is so funny. I love being a mom!

mistyp said...

Such cute things! Like you said about Micah though...I still think of her as a 1 year old. :) How can she say and do so much now??? ;)

The O'Briens said...

She is SUCH a little character! I can't even believe how big she is and how massive her vocabulary is. Posts like this are my favorite. I love you like crazy and wish I was there to watch the girls so you could go out and have some you time. Love you.

wurtz said...

She cracks me up. She is a hoot! I love the picture of her, eating with gloves on, too funny!

La Roggia said...

So cute! I loved reading about Audrey- those are the kinds of things that she will love to hear about when she's older! She is so cute w/ babies- she sits and points at Roman and says "Bay-bee" and just stares so sweetly!

Angie said...

Love that kid! Such a cute post. Sienna and Audrey are in the same stages with everything. My kids ask Sienna, Are you a child of God? Her reply, "No, I'm Nenna!" Those two could get into some serious trouble together. Sienna takes her diaper off ALL the time. I like it when she runs away, because her bare bum is so cute!
Miss you and love you.
Auntie Angie

Eric and Cindy Hansen said...

That girl sure keeps you busy! "kinda really hard" is my favorite!