Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Best $3 EVER!

As most of you know this last month has been crazy with Zeb's fivc day trial, Barbri Classes until 9:30 and everything else on our plate. I got a text message from my friend Samantha that said there were some princess shoes at Walmart on clearance. The girls didn't need shoes but they were $3. I went over and picked some ballet flats and realized this could all work to my advantage.

Meet the behavior chart. I had Claire work on obeying the first time I asked her to do something and each time she got a sticker. After 25 stickers she got the prize! 

Hallie worked on whining for the same prize. Let me just tell you how great this was. With Zeb not getting home until they were in bed it was amazing to have this chart to help me. If I heard whining I would ask Hallie if she wanted a sticker and it worked like magic. So many times they just did what I needed and it was fabulous. I did it the week of Zeb's trial and it took them a week to get the 25 stickers. It was so nice to have them working on changing a behavior and it helped me stay a lot more patient!

Here is Audrey asking if she gets a sticker. Totally clueless but catching on a little. ;)


Now there was a slight oversight on my part. I didn't get any for Audrey. They didn't have her size and the whole idea I thought would be over her head.  I did get an extra pair just to have and soon realized what a mean mom I was to give the girls their prizes and give nothing to Audrey. She kept trying to open their boxes and saying, "That's Audrey's?" Thank goodness for the spare! 
As you can see the shoes were not only steal for $3 but they came with gloves, a purse and bracelets.


Best $3 EVER!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent Idea! Way to do what you have to while your hubby is preparing for the bar. Let us know when you're moving, we are going to Utah for a while but our dates are flexable.

karin said...

That is great. I am always looking for deals and for ideas to help improve behavior (especially when Bryan is working late or on a campout with the scouts).

mistyp said...

Great idea! But no fair! I bought that same set for Briel but the Walmart here had them on "clearance" for $10. I keep telling Craig that everything WAS better in TX.... ;)

J and C Fish Family said...

What a good idea Leah! I bet that helped save your sanity. I think that I just might give that a try.
Thanks for the idea.
I love the look on Audrey's face. That picture speaks. So cute.

Ange said...

That is such a great idea. Girls are suckers for princess stuff! I think that I will try that with my girls. Gabby needs to work on her whining as well. =)

Michelle said...

oh those sweet little princesses. i love that picture of audrey. every time i see pictures of her, i hear her saying, "that's not appropriate!"

Steph said...

You're a genius. When was this sale? I need to go.

Katie L. said...

I love good deals! What cute girly things...something that I know nothing about! Ha!

wurtz said...

Great deals and great idea! Cute pictures. Audrey is getting so big.

The O'Briens said...

Definitely a good thing you had the spare....you couldn't have not given her anything with that cute little voice asking, "That's Audrey's?"

Tell Zeb to hand in there with Barbri. It sucks, I know. I'm trying to motivate myself without the class for the Utah Bar, and let's just say, the structure of the class helps a bit. :)

Angie said...

So cute. Love the pictures and their darling faces. Kiss them for me right now!! I am glad you got through to the trail! You are so almost done!! One small problem... you should have called me and I would have had you get me a few sets! Super cute, killer deal, and worth every penny. Miss you. Love you.

JanelWarner said...

Awesome! I need to get some charts going again.

mk said...

Genius! Way cute prize too!!