Friday, January 16, 2009

Just for Julia

I have gotten so many things for Julia I feel spoiled. I will say it is really fun to have a few things that are just for her. I am so excited to have another little girl and am going to go all out on dolling her up! 

When I was in Utah my mom and I (and my sis Angie) went to the fabric store and picked out the fabric for Julia's quilt. A week later we left and not empty handed. My mom pieced, sewed, quilted, and bound the quilt to send home to Texas with me. I was SO excited. Here it is:

I absolutely LOVE it. I love the colors. Love the pattern. Love the quilting. Isn't my mom amazing? ;) (The picture does the quilt a lot more justice if you click on it!)


Here is the print that it's backed with. One of my favorite ones!

If you click on this I think you can see the flowers that my mom quilted in each of the squares. I am still amazed she just feeds the fabric through the machine and free hands each flower. 

My little sister Stephanie had bought some girls clothes in case she was having a girl. Well, after finding out she's having a boy she gave me the stuff! I love her taste and am so excited for the new clothes!

I about died when I saw these onesies. The collar, puffed sleeves, and ruffles are so cute. And I LOVE the argyle pattern and butterflies. How cute are they?

I love these pants! The belt is awesome.

This outfit I think we will bring Julia home from the hospital in. The outfit is up to 7 pounds so it might actually fit her. Who doesn't love pink and brown. The booties are my fav.

Thank for the adorable clothes Steph! I absolutely love them.

After finding out I was having a girl I was dying to ask Rachel if she would make me a blanket with the awesome fabric she uses. It's Michael Miller and the blankets she makes are amazing. I tried to have her let me pay her but she won that fight. 

She brought it over to my house the other day and I was so stoked. How cute it this blanket?

She also brought me 10 bows she made for Julia. I had bid on her service at the service auction for Relief Society and won 5 bows. Well, she made me double. Could she be any sweeter? Love 'em!

Zeb brought me this sweet afghan on Sunday. A sweet friend, Jeanette in the ward crocheted it for Julia. I love the color and how soft it is. 


Now the story behind this massive amount of flower clips and hair bows is that I was a little excited about having another girl and went CRAZY! I had so much fun making them for Julia and can't wait to see them on her. 


I love the way they turned out! And I especially love just changing the clip and reusing the headbands. Thanks for your help in teaching me how to make the bows, Rachel. And Ang, if you had known how many flowers I would make after you made me some, maybe you would have thought twice. On second thought, Zeb would have wanted you to think twice!

Needless to say, Julia has been spoiled with gifts just for her and she isn't even here yet! Thanks everyone. I love everything!!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

All your stuff is adorable, little girl things are so cute!

Eric and Cindy Hansen said...

No doubt Miss Julia will be just as cute as her sisters!

Don't get me wrong... I L-O-V-E my sweet boy but man, girl stuff is so flippin' cute. Love the quilt, love the ruffles on the onesies love the bows... all 10 million of them!

J and C Fish Family said...

you know how much I love pink and brown!!
Your mom is amazing ans so are your friends! I love the blakets. You've got the hook-ups.

Janadt.Huggins said...

Way Way Cute quilt!! I love the fabric and your mom is totally an artist when it comes to sewing. I love all the cloths. She's going to follow in the footsteps of her sisters and be very stylish!

Steph said...

Julia is for sure going to be a little princess. I miss baby girl stuff...kinda makes me want one..:)

mistyp said...

All those things are adorable! Lucky little girl! I'm glad she being spoiled...even though hand-me-downs are okay. :)

texaspencers said...

Congrats on your new itty-bitty coming. looks like she will be as cute as her sisters with all that fun stuff. And nice going hubby on the new car!

karin said...

Such cute stuff. Maybe I could have a girl, but I would have to have someone teach me about girl things (hair things are a little intimidating).

The O'Briens said...

I love the quilt Mom made you. I can't believe she busted it out so fast!! I'm glad you loved the girl clothes (and thankful I had them to give you since you pretty much gave us an entire wardrobe for Connor)!! I am thrilled Julia will have stuff that is new....just for her. I know how it is to be at the tail end with the hand-me-downs. (Although that ended a little early for me since I outgrew you!)

Kimi said...

So adorable! Your little girl is going to be totally styling!

Angie said...

So cute. I love all the custom Julia gifts. I can't wait to see her in her new clothes, wrapped in her blankets. Not too much longer. Hang in there. Wish I could take the girls and bring you dinner. Love you.