Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Christmas Time in Utah


While we were in Utah we went to Gardner Village. I had never been before so we went with 3 of my sisters; Amanda, Angie and Stephanie (we wish you could have come Em)! I loved seeing the cute little shops. The best part were the little elves tucked in places. The decorations were so fun. 



Here are all the cousins that went.

After freezing outside at Gardner Village we went to dinner at Rumbi's Island grill. Then we were off to Temple Square. It was FREEZING but worth it. The girls had looked forward to going to see the lights from the moment we got to Utah. Each day they would ask what day it was until it was Friday...the day we were going. Then they screamed for joy!

Audrey with Aunt Michelle (Zeb's sister).

Claire and Hallie with Aunt Stephanie (my sister).

The highlight of the trip was seeing the Christus. Claire was SO excited and asked if she could have her picture framed. It was so sweet.

Zeb was a trooper throughout all the picture taking.  "Just one more," is a phrase I use WAY too often. 

I loved seeing my little sis and her TINY tummy. She was 23 weeks here and I was 27 weeks. It's so fun to be expecting together. She gave me the CUTEST baby girl clothes (she is having a boy and had purchased a few girl items). I LOVE them. My mom also pieced and quilted Julia's baby blanket while we were there. I will post that another day. It deserves it's own post! ;)

We had a GREAT time in Utah and are so happy we got to go. It was more than I could have hoped for to see my dad and get a lot of time with him before his round of chemo Christmas Eve. The girls were healthy the whole time and actually didn't get sick until the day we left. What a blessing to be able to see him so much. We ended up cutting our trip short so Zeb could get back to all his work but we had a great time while we were there. 

13 comments:

wurtz said...

Looks like you had a fun Holiday! How fun to be with both of your families.

Good Luck to Zeb these last few weeks.

karin said...

Holidays with family are fun. Hope your dad is handling the chemo well. I am excited to see the baby blanket post.

mistyp said...

Your hair looks cute that color...it is lighter, isn't it? Guess it runs in your family to have tiny tummies. :) Glad you got to see the lights on Temple Square, etc. I agree on the good luck to Zeb comment. You're almost done! You'll be posting grad pics soon! :)

Kimi said...

It looks like you had a great time!
You are so cute prego!




(Do you have access to my blog? If not email me at kimisabin@gmail.com)

The O'Briens said...

Dude, you should see belly NOW! It is WAY bigger. (I promise I will send you a picture or post one on our blog.) We had so much fun while you were here and Hallie broke my heart crying for me when you left!! I can't wait to see you again (plus Connor and Julia). Love and miss you.

The O'Briens said...

Oh, you also forgot to mention that you gave me a truck load of boy clothes! Thanks again! I love them and am so excited to see Connor in them. Who am I kidding?! I am pretty much dying to see Connor himself and the clothes will be icing on the cake. :)

Meredith and Abe Fish said...

I'm glad you guys had such a fun time in Utah. We missed being out there and seeing you guys. I just can't believe how tiny you still are. So cute! I'm feeling huge these days so I envy how tiny you are. ~Meredith

Janadt.Huggins said...

I love Zebs face in the picture of the two of you at Temple Square I laughed so hard! Devin feels the same way about pictures. I'm glad you guys had a good time.

mk said...

Sooo fun! I'm glad you guys had such a great trip and the girls were well the whole time. You hair looks fab, can't wait to see it in real life!

Kirst said...

Love the family pic at the village. The girls all look so darling. WE miss you.

Anonymous said...

Didn't get sick until the last day? How lucky! We were sick the whole two weeks of our "vacation". Why is it that every time I take the kids to Utah they get sick?

Shawn and Steph said...

Cute tummy...glad you guys had a merry Christmas!

Eric and Cindy Hansen said...

You hit some great Utah spots! I love that the girls were so excited for Temple Square.