Sunday, February 24, 2008

Bragging Rights

Zeb will post another story soon, I hope. I know I love the way he tells stories and I can't wait to hear it. But In the meantime here is a post about the girls:

The girls were performing for Cindy and her mom tonight and Cindy told me I had to record the "performances." This is a song Claire learned in Kindergarten and Hallie heard her sing it so many times she learned the song as well. I have to admit hearing the song allowed me to brush up on my states. Anyway, after Cindy heard it she said, "I am requesting that you put this on your blog." She then informed me I had bragging rights to it! :)
(Oh and make sure and push stop on the music player cause it drives me nuts when I try and listen to a video when the music is still playing.)

I was floored when Claire learned this song and even more floored when Hallie learned it from her. What 3 year old sings all the states?
Here are a few things I love about the videos:
I love Hallie saying "U-haw." When they get to Texas in the song they say Yeehaw because obviously there is Texas pride in the schools (Claire is very into this part as you noticed). Since Utah is after Texas Hallie gets a little mixed up and says, "Texas, U-haw, Utah."
What kills me is Claire in her video. I had told Claire to smile cause at the end of Hallie's video she pushed her lower lip out and looked all pouty. Well, Claire decided to take my request up a notch and added lots of blinks, head bobbing from side to side, and arm movements. The framed face at one point is great, isn't it?. She is so funny. I love how when she claps YOU have to blink cause she is clapping so hard.
Oh man my girls are funny. They don't have much personality, do they?
Alright, this post was for Cindy but it was also fun for me to brag for a sec! :)
I think I'm done for now!

14 comments:

tina said...

I agree with Cindy. I'm so glad you posted that. They are so cute and bright. I love Hallie's U-haw, Utah and Claire's blinking and giggling. Last October Claire had only learned part of it, so fun to finally hear the finished product. Thanks for sharing.

J and C Fish Family said...

I love how animated Clair is. And Hallie's pouty lip is hilarious. It is almost as if you had to bribe her to sing and she is disappointed with herself for giving in.

Josh

Steph said...

You have got to be kidding me! That is the cutest thing I have ever seen! You have very smart little ones. Claire reminds me a TON of you in this video-how cute. And I can't believe Hallie, she is only 3! Crazy.

Michele said...

They're geniuses! Songs are amazing teaching tools, but this is incredible; I had to smile so big the whole time I was watching!

Meredith and Abe Fish said...

Ethan and I watched it together and he was totally transfixed by the girls singing. In fact he keeps wanting me to play it over and over. He keeps saying more more. One of the few words that he knows and uses correctly. loved it

Meredith and Abe Fish said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mistyp said...

I agree that Claire looks like a mini Leah in this clip! That is amazing that they know it all. There were 4th graders learning that song when I did my student teaching years ago. Guess TX is getting a head start on learning the states. ;) Cute kids! Hallie's hair looks like it has grown a lot.

Katie L. said...

I remember that song from school! But I learned it in the 6th grade! I am impressed! Hallie's hair is SO cute and I love the way the camera was shaking during Claire's...were you laughing?

Leah said...

Oh i was totally laughing. And when I watched it with Zeb I laughed SO hard. She was crackin' me up!

Rachel Gillie said...

I definitely see a future cheerleader in Claire, she has he voice, the motions and the facials ... a triple threat! Your girls are too die for adorable! I am counting down for Zeb's graduations so y'all can come out and visit!

Michelle said...

that is sweet...and the girls are smarties! i'm so proud of them!

The O'Briens said...

Oh how I LOVE your girls. Their personalities SO shine through. I love Hallie's adorable little personality. She can be such a comedian. Claire is just a sweetheart. I LOVE the framed face. Hallie's hair really is adorable with her cute little pixie cut. I need more pictures of Audrey. :)

Tansy said...

Hey Leah, I got your link from Katie Lundell. Your girls are adorable!! It looks like we're only a couple of states away. (I'm in Georgia) I have a blog at web.mac.com/jasonandtansy
We need to keep in touch

Eric and Cindy Hansen said...

Okay so I FINALLY found time to "blog-hop." Thanks for putting that on the blog!

My favorite is when Hallie sings "Nirvana" instead of Nevada. And of course those pouty little lips at the end!

And lets be honest... I seriously doubt that at this very moment I could recited that.