Friday, April 25, 2008

A Day at the Zoo!

For Claire's field trip her class went to the zoo. I was so excited that I got to go and be a chaperone! She was excited all week and couldn't wait for Thursday to come. Brittany was a lifesaver and came over to my house to watch Hallie and Audrey so I could go. I am so grateful she was so willing to watch them. Hallie had a great time and didn't feel like she was missing out! Definite bonus.

I love this picture of Claire since you can see all of her adorable freckles! (Click it if you want to see them!)


This is Claire with her Kindergarten teacher Miss Kubala.


This is one of Claire's good friends. I find little notes around the house that they write to each other. They are so sweet.


You may think this picture is a little weird but it was my favorite thing at the zoo. The Tigers were nuzzling each other and I thought it was so sweet. :)

After 3 hours I was pretty much exhausted. Claire was asking me to hold her at the end. The sun really takes it out of me. Claire had a great time and got to come home early with me. Of course since it was Happy Hour at Sonic we HAD to stop and get a slushy! Man it was a tiring, but fun, day.

5 comments:

mistyp said...

Sounds fun! We miss the zoo!!!!

J and C Fish Family said...

What Zoo was this at? I am sure you and Carol will have a chance to go to Fort Worths together soon. I hear it is amazing.

Emily said...

We must have just missed you guys. We went at 1:30 and it was empty. All of the animals seemed a little tired...they must have worn themselves out with all of the visitors!

Cute pictures.

Steph said...

Ava ha so much fun looking at the zoo pictures of, "Cali!" She mixes up Claire and Halli and just calls them both Cali, so funny.

Katie L. said...

How fun! I know what you mean about missing out! I never get to help at Ben's school because of Sam but every chance I get I make treats...which really isn't that often! It looks like such a fun time to spend with her and she looks so happy!