Friday, July 11, 2008

A Vacation?

Going to Utah was a blast. It was so fun to see family and hang out together. I only wish I took more pictures. Between my batteries dying and forgetting my camera on my girls weekend in Vegas, we don't have very many. :(
As an added bonus to seeing family we actually had a vacation. We got to spend the whole time with Zeb and he wasn't working. He got to do things like golf and wakeboard and RELAX! We had such a good time! Zeb was his fun goofy self. It was so much fun.
The girls loved spending time with Gram and loved her newest additions (parakeets Quigley and Edward..yes, after twilight). Claire and Hallie even got to feed them out of their hands. It was awesome.
Audrey calls any Grandparent Papa. She was always calling Granny and Gram Papa. Whenever one of them would walk in the room she would perk up and say, "Hi Papa!" She is so sweet.

We went swimming...a lot! I bet the girls swam 5-6 times when we were in Utah. They LOVED it, especially the water park in Provo. BTW, I saw ring worm again there. What is the deal?

One night I thought it would be fun to set up a tent (or zeb set it up for that matter) and let the kids sleep out. They were SO excited when we told them. I slept out with them and they loved it. They actually went to sleep pretty quickly after some of mine and Angie's childhood stories. I hardly slept a wink however because I could hear the tent blowing in the wind all night long. Man was that a LONG night...but worth it!


When I went to Vegas over the 4th Zeb took the girls shopping and they even met up with Ned and Leslie at the BYU creamery. Zeb bought the girls new glasses (which Audrey broke immediately on the car ride home), pajamas, and water shoes. Vegas was a blast and I am so glad I got to go. Thanks Zeb! :)

In Vegas Steph bought some surprises for the girls at the dollar spot. She got Audrey the crown and necklace and tutus and slippers for Claire and Hallie. They LOVED them. You spoil them, Steph! Don't mind the wad of tootsie roll in Audrey's cheek here!


After parks, shopping, swimming, Cafe Rio, wakeboarding, golfing, Vegas, makeovers, chic flics, date nights and wonderful company we had a great vacation!

11 comments:

Mitchell Family said...

We had so much fun hanging out with you guys! We will need to make a trip to Texas!!

Angie said...

Ahhh...it was great to see you guys and have you in Utah. It just feels right to have you here!! My kids had so much fun with your girls. Sienna is asking for Audrey as I type this! Good times... What fun memories. Glad we crammed so much in and glad you held out for the campout! Thanks again for the quick save at the pool!! Great visit. We'll be counting down till the next one. Love you.
XOXOXO

mistyp said...

Looks like fun! I can't believe how big Audrey is! Her hair is really growing! Your ring worm stuff makes me not want to go to any pool EVER again!

J and C Fish Family said...

I am glad that you had such a good vacation. You were due for one. I just wish that we could have timed it together. Love you guys.
-Carol

wurtz said...

Looks like everyone had a great time. Makes me want a vacation, especially after this month! Cute pictures.

karin said...

I miss our break times from school (especially now that you shared about your great vacation- I am jealous).
I wouldn't have been able to sleep through the blowing tent either- what a fun mom you are!

Kimi said...

Sounds and looks like you guys had a blast! I can't wait to go on my little vacation here in a week! Oregon here we come!!! It will be so nice to be home with family again and hopefully see two babies born while we are there.
Glad to hear you had such a wonderful time with your family!!

The O'Briens said...

I was bummed I didn't get to see Zeb and the girls, but I had SO much fun with you and Mom. I was so happy you were able to come down. I'm glad we got the most bang for our buck and the girls liked their little surprises. I am the biggest dork, but I laughed my head off at the picture of Hallie because Audrey is in the corner and it looks like she has wad of chew and is about to flip off the camera. All the pictures are so cute of the kids. (I hate that we didn't get ANY in Vegas. Grr.)

Eric and Cindy Hansen said...

Utah always ends up being fun doesn't it?! Im sure the girl ate up every second with their cousins. Im glad you and Zeb got some fund and R&R in there too!!

Katie L. said...

It was really great seeing you guys at Mat's party. I was sad that you had to leave early but at least you got to stay for a little!

Zeb said...

Whoa Steph!! You're sorry that you didn't "get ANY" what while in Vegas? Sounds like you guys may have had more fun than I thought!